We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for local chocolate lovers

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
482 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Question for local chocolate lovers

I've challenged myself to only purchase local this holiday season so with that and a limited budget, I'd like to find exquisite chocolate covered caramel apples to use for various gift exchange parties and I’d prefer to buy from a local chocolatier. Have you seen or tried said apples & can recommend?

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for local chocolate lovers

There is a place downtown on one of the market streets that might have what you re looking for. I will take a walk at lunch and let you know. I know they have a lot of good chocolate covered items.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for local chocolate lovers

EVO up on Montague in N. Charleston has very interesting chocolates. I've never seen chocolate covered caramel apples but maybe their person could make some for you.

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for local chocolate lovers

I bet any of the local stores would be happy to whip up a batch for you.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for local chocolate lovers

I just took a walk out by the market at lunch. The place downtown that has a lot of different types of chocolate covered apples is Kilwins. I was told that all of the chocolate covered apples have caramel. It is on S. Market Street near Church Street. There had to be 6 - 8 different types and the prices ranged from $5 - $8 each. They make everything themselves there. I am definitely getting some Christmas gifts from there!

Edited: 01 December 2011, 18:49
Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,978 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for local chocolate lovers

I've seen their stuff, it's wonderful!!! I just sent them a note to see if they can ship the apples, hope so!!! They would make great gifts!!!

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
482 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question for local chocolate lovers

That is EXCELLENT!!! Thank you so much for that errand! Williams Sonoma & Amy's Gourmet Apples charge 2- 3 times that (although people just rave about them). I have 3 of the "Dirty Santa" gift exchanges this year, and these will be perfect.

7. Re: Question for local chocolate lovers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 00:17