We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Table reservations at Market Pavilion???

Boothwyn...
Level Contributor
169 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Table reservations at Market Pavilion???

For the last few years we have enjoyed drinks before dinner at the Market Pavilion Bar. Next month we will be in Charleston again, but, to my very great surprise, I discovered that you now can make reservations for a table there for the princely sums of $500.00 to S800.00!!! Perhaps i missed something in my shock, but I do not see anything included in that price other than the table. If anyone knows anything about this, please let me know. I've always enjoyed the view from this bar, but never again for this amount.

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Table reservations at Market Pavilion???

Wow, and I thought the drinks were high.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,603 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Table reservations at Market Pavilion???

I called and asked about it a while back...they do it to keep people (especially large groups) from planting themselves there and staying all night. Generally you don't need reservations.

We try to get there for pre-dinner drinks and have never had a problem getting a table.

So do whatever has worked for you in the past, there's nothing that has really changed.

Boothwyn...
Level Contributor
169 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Table reservations at Market Pavilion???

Thanks for the information, Kiawahbeth! I'm glad to know we'll still be able to enjoy the marvelous view/drinks before we head off to dinner.

4. Re: Table reservations at Market Pavilion???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2013, 10:23