We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charleston Airport Transportation

los angeles
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
Charleston Airport Transportation

Arriving in Charleston Sat, 4/28 and leaving for Savannah Tues afternoon. I know we don't need a car in Charleston but trying to sort out how to get from Airport into Charleston and then pick up a car Tues afternoon. Would it be better just to rent it on Sat and pay for the parking, etc until Tues? There will be 4 adults and we are staying at Elliot House. Thanks for any thoughts.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,589 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charleston Airport Transportation

You can take a taxi, approx $25 or there are shuttles with a flat rate per person that stop at various hotels along the way.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,733 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charleston Airport Transportation

There are a couple of car rental agencies downtown -- Enterprise and Budget. So, you can pick up the car there. Enterprise will deliver it to your hotel. If you return it at the airport there might be surcharge. I think it was $25 or so.

The shuttle costs $12 per person, so for 4 people a cab makes more sense, although there is surcharge for more than 2 people or 3 people? I forget.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charleston Airport Transportation

We have always just got the shuttle bus from the front of the airport. You don't need to book - I can't remember how much it is, but it's not too expensive and they have plenty of room for luggage. You can also get public transportation to the downtown area which is inexpensive.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,053 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charleston Airport Transportation

This link explains your options and the costs:

http://www.chs-airport.com/taxi.htm

Langley, Canada
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charleston Airport Transportation

We are a group of 6 adults plus a 1 year old. We too need to get from the airport to downtown Charleston. Does anyone know the hours of operation for the shuttle? Our flight arrives just before midnight. If the shuttle does not operate that late, are there any specific taxi companies you would recommend for the group of us. If taking a taxi, we would most likely need them to provide a car seat.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,053 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Charleston Airport Transportation

I recently had a late flight. I just walked out front to the kiosk and got a cab that was a van. You shouldn't have any trouble. I don't know about the car seat. The link in my above post states "no charge for babes in arms." You could contact them and ask.

7. Re: Charleston Airport Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2013, 10:28