We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bride and Groom only Wedding Ceremony

Martinsburg, West...
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Bride and Groom only Wedding Ceremony

Hi, I'm doing some research for a friend who wants to surprise is fiance with a trip to Charleston and get married while there. It is a second marraige for both, so they don't want a big event. In fact, it will be just the two of them. I can find alot of information on where to have weddings/receptions, but I'm looking for something very small, but still with a ceremony. Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps a B&B or Inn that will also arrange a ceremony?

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,002 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bride and Groom only Wedding Ceremony

I have a friend who got married at Charleston Place. The concierge was a justice of the peace. They had the honeymoon suite and the staff arranged for a private carriage ride with champagne.

The ladies at Mobile Marriage can arrange any kind of wedding imaginable: beach, garden or chapel.

www.mobilemarriage.com

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bride and Groom only Wedding Ceremony

A friend of mine got married at the Pineapple Fountain in Waterfront Park early one Saturday morning. In SC a notary public can perform the ceremony. You might want to go to the Charleston County website for specific info on the marriage license. charlestoncounty.org/departments/probatecour…

Governors House or Meeting Street Inn might be good choices.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,236 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bride and Groom only Wedding Ceremony

We got married at the old inn on Kiawah Island, in a beautiful garden, one dune back from the beach.

Alas, the inn is gone, but you might look into having a ceremony at the Sanctuary on Kiawah Island or at the Ocean Course Clubhouse...I know folks who have done it both ways and both say it was wonderful.

www.kiawahresort.com

I think you have to get your license something like 2 days ahead of time, do check it out!!!

Martinsburg, West...
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bride and Groom only Wedding Ceremony

Great replies! I really appreciate the information because I was having a hard time finding it on line. He is not planning to do it until September, so we have plenty of time to arrange.I'll check out all the possiblities.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,755 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bride and Groom only Wedding Ceremony

In scheduling his trip, don't let the groom forget that he will need a marriage license. Bride and groom must appear in person to apply for the license. There is a required 24 hour waiting period before they can pick up the license, and the marriage can be performed. Here is the information - charlestoncounty.org/departments/probatecour…

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bride and Groom only Wedding Ceremony

Pam over at Charleston Wedding Studio can help you arrange everything! She is great.

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bride and Groom only Wedding Ceremony

There is actually a company that specializes in just this kind of wedding! Check out Elope to Charleston at http://elopetocharleston.com/. They can put everything together from accomodations to the ceremony itself and everything inbetween.

8. Re: Bride and Groom only Wedding Ceremony

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 02:41