We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport to Historic District?

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
316 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from airport to Historic District?

What is the approximate cost for a taxi from the airport to the Historic District? We are a couple...is there an alternative, like a shuttle? Or would a car service be about the same price? (Oh, and yes I realize that a taxi is different than a car service. We are reviewing all options.)

Thank you so much!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from airport to Historic District?

There are both shuttles and taxis as you exit the baggage claim area of the airport. Here is a link to the Charleston Airport site with more information: chs-airport.com/Transportation-and-Parking/S…

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,265 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from airport to Historic District?

Several options...

chs-airport.com/Transportation-and-Parking/S…

Cape Elizabeth...
Level Contributor
251 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from airport to Historic District?

My son just started a limo service in Charleston and he is offering very good rates. www.charlestownebound.com

He and his business partner are both recent graduates of College of Charleston. You can "Cruise into Charleston in Style"

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
316 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from airport to Historic District?

Thank you all so much for the information. I will check into all options.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from airport to Historic District?

When I flew here early last year for some job interviews, I took a shuttle bus to downtown. If I remember correctly, the cost was $12 from the airport to downtown, and it cost a little more from the hotel to the airport. The shuttle buses were right outside of the airport.

Charleston, SC, USA
Level Contributor
20 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from airport to Historic District?

Public Transit makes this trip on the Dorchester Airport bus to the Visitor's Center Downtown for $1.75. You can plan the trip using Google Transit now. www.ridecarta.com

7. Re: Taxi from airport to Historic District?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:42