We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

folly beach

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
folly beach

LOCALS..where do you eat out...??? Can we swim in the ocean in late april ..or is it too cold ???? Is there a public heated pool anywhwere ??? Is there a movie theather on folly beach..???what about a library...??? I would welcome all sugestions/ideas many thanks Susi

RQT
New Castle...
Level Contributor
765 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: folly beach

I am not a local, but we visit often. We have seen movies at the Cinemark Theater on James Island (not far from Folly) and at the IMAX near the Citadel Mall on Sam Rittenberg Blvd. in Charleston (about a 15-20-minute drive). There is a library on Folly on the main street...they had some programs for kids while we were there. We have eaten at the Lost Dog Cafe, Rita's, the Crab Shack, Snapper Jack's, Woody's Pizza...all on Folly. In Charleston we like Tommy Condon's. But there are many great places to chose from there.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,018 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: folly beach

1. Bowen's Island is a local institution. Charleston has many great restaurants. Current favorites include FIG, High Cotton, Anson, SNOB, Husk, McCrady's, Magnolia's.

2. I think the ocean is too chilly in April.

3. Not to my knowledge.

4. No.

5. Yes.

www.ccpl.org/content.asp…

Happy to give suggestions and ideas if you tell us what interests you.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,329 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: folly beach

Also, close to Folly, on Maybank Hwy., is Boulevard Diner and Mustard Seed (been there twice in the last week :-)). Right next door to these restaurants are the Terrace Theatres.

I agree w/Shankle about all the listed Charleston restaurants, and yes, the ocean will be chilly in April.

So, what do you like to do???

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: folly beach

The city rec dept has an indoor pool in the West Ashley area. Here's link with info: www.charlestoncity.info/dept/content.aspx… That would be the closest to Folly. There is an public, outdoor, heated pool downtown (you can find info at the link above), but it's in a pretty bad area.

As for ocean swimming... it's way too cold for me in April, but I see lots of people in the water. Water temp average for last 2 weeks of April is 68. brrr.

We like Cypress, FIG, and Magnolia's.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: folly beach

We really love the Surf Bar. Great food and a good beer selection (Coast on draught is fantastic!).

urbanspoon.com/r/…Surf-Bar-Folly-Beach

6. Re: folly beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 12:15