We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter in Charleston 2012.

lima, ohio
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Easter in Charleston 2012.

I would love a suggestion for Easter Brunch this year. Can't decide if we should dine in IOP, or at the Middleton Place, or stay in the Historic District (hotel is there) and have Easter Brunch someplace downtown. We have never been to Charleston before.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter in Charleston 2012.

I was in Charleston last Easter. Had brunch at 82 Queen. Food was pretty good, but what makes it a truly special occasion is getting seated on their back porch. No matter how warm it is outside, they manage to cool it down. The service is great and the tables/chairs/garden were just perfect.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,589 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter in Charleston 2012.

I would stay downtown. On the Isle of Palms there are not any restaurants that serve a really good brunch. If you do want to go there, the Boathouse would be your best bet. (I live on IOP) I would stay downtown and go to High Cotton, mmmm. You should be aware tho, that sometimes on such a busy holiday restaurants do a prix fixe menu, which I like less than when you are able to order from the menu.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,973 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter in Charleston 2012.

The larger hotels such as Charleston Place and Francis Marion will offer brunch, too. No matter where you decide, I would quickly make reservations.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,589 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter in Charleston 2012.

Yes, you will definitely need a reservation ASAP.

lima, ohio
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter in Charleston 2012.

wow -thanks for the quick responses. I wish we had more time to spend in such an interesting city. I will review the downtown options, although no one mentioned Middleton Place for brunch. Anyone have any experience with their restaurant? We'd like to see the place anyway.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,973 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easter in Charleston 2012.

MP is excellant! I love their She Crab Soup and Huguenot Torte. If you are going anyway, that would be a good choice. It is a beautiful way to walk off the calories! Be sure to take a house tour while you are at MP.

Caro, Michigan
Level Contributor
472 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easter in Charleston 2012.

I would NOT do the Boathouse.... we went there for Easter two years ago, and not one member of a large party (14 of us) was happy with our meal.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easter in Charleston 2012.

I have been to the Boathouse dozens of times, and I have never been disappointed.

I would also recommend staying in the HD and High Cotton for brunch. Get the Island cocktail :)

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,589 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easter in Charleston 2012.

I have to admit that I have been disappointed at the Boathouse before. One time in particular that I remember the service was simply awful! Also, I have had times when the food was fine, but I expect above "average" there.

Now, that said, no place is perfect all the time and I have been there plenty of times where everything was just fine.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
345 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easter in Charleston 2012.

Great suggestions- wish I had booked last week even-

High Cotton is sold out for Easter ... any other suggestions..