We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport and historic district

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pa
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
airport and historic district

how far is the airport from the historic district. not sure where i will stay but do want to stay in the historic area. do any of the hotels offer shuttles? i do not think i will need a car as i plan to walk around and maybe do the hop on hop off trolley.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,803 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport and historic district

It is about a 25-30 min drive to the historic district. The hotels do not have shuttles, but there are shuttles at the airport that are a "shared ride" that drops people off at their destination.

When looking for a hotel, be aware that "downtown" and "historic district" are not the same thing. When are you coming? Spring and summer are very busy times, you will definitely need to book in advance.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport and historic district

The historic district is very walkable and is the best way to see and enjoy Charleston.

pa
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport and historic district

thanks for the info. as you can tell this will be my first trip in that area. i was thinking about going either end of june or end of july, but it may be too hot at that time. what is the best time of the year to go?

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,968 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport and historic district

It will be hot in June and July, if that is a problem for you, consider waiting until later in September or possibly October, when the humidity has dropped tremendously (less crowded, as well). Great time to be walking, enjoying the Historic District.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,803 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport and historic district

I generally suggest April and Oct as the 2 most pleasant times to visit. In the spring there are lots of flowers blooming.

6. Re: airport and historic district

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 23:18