We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which of these hotels would you prefer?

Level Contributor
228 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
which of these hotels would you prefer?

We're looking for a nice enough but not-too-expensive hotel for our first night in the area as we'll be getting in too late to really enjoy anything that night. Given the choice, which hotel do people think is preferable of the following three: The Hampton Inn and Suites North Charlestown-University Blvd, The Holiday Inn Express Charleston (US17 & I-526), or The Comfort Inn and Suites West of the Ashley (Savannah Highway). Thanks for any input you can give me!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,003 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which of these hotels would you prefer?

I haven't stayed in any of those, but I'm a big Hampton fan. The beds are great, the coffee is good, and breakfast is included.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,208 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which of these hotels would you prefer?

The Holiday Inn (Hwy 17/I-526) is in the West Ashley area, same as the Comfort Inn. Both are on very busy Hwy 17. I would probably take the Hampton over those. There is also a Holiday Inn Express in Mt. Pleasant at the foot of the Ravenel bridge, just minutes from downtown. (350 Johnnie Dodds Blvd.)

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which of these hotels would you prefer?

There are several hotels on International Blvd., just aoutside the airport. One is a HI-Express.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which of these hotels would you prefer?

I would take either of the two West Ashley hotels. The one on University Blvd is a far piece away from downtown, with as bad or worse traffic if you're coming into town on a weekday morning.

Of course, if you're only looking for an 'oh man we've been on the road forever and need to stop' hotel, and are going to stay somewhere else for the rest of your time here, then yeah, I'd go with the University Blvd one.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
359 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which of these hotels would you prefer?

Just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Mt Pleasant (350 Johnnie Dodds Blvd) and it was very nice. Newer looking. Nice outdoor sitting area/pool. Good breakfast. Highly recommend it.

6. Re: which of these hotels would you prefer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 18:42