We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in the middle of it

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
301 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in the middle of it

If I want a hotel in the middle of it all..walking distance to sights, shopping, restaurants, market..should I be looking at hotels in the historic district? Recommendations? Moderately priced?

Market Square
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Flea & Street Markets
Principle Gallery Charleston
Art Galleries, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Art Museums
Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,070 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in the middle of it

If you want to be in the middle of it all, you will want to book in the Historic District. The costs vary. If you post your dates of travel and a budget, we can help you find a place that meets your criteria.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,905 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in the middle of it

Definitely the historic district. The Best Western King Charles Inn is usually among the better priced locations.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in the middle of it

I have the same question. My planned date of visit is the 7 of October.

I need a room approx. $200 per night (the cheaper - the better, but I doubt it).

Thank you!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,070 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in the middle of it

tatiana27,

I plugged your dates into kayak.com and found the Francis Marion Hotel for $179.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in the middle of it

Days Inn on Meeting St. Not a world-class hotel, but you could hardly find a better location, and you know it's not gonna be too expensive.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in the middle of it

Days Inn & Best Western King Charles are usually the least expensive. Chain hotels in great locations. Indigo Inn or Ansonborough Inn ought to be the least expensive, both are a little icky but in fine locations. Francis Marion, Mills House, Courtyard Marriot, Hampton Inn will be good if they have prices to suit. Doubletree Suites in the Market area is very nice but the setting is too busy for some people.

You'll get better info here if you will look at the hotels in your geographic range, then ask about pros & cons of the different ones.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in the middle of it

Dear Experts!

Thank you very much! Now it's much easier to make a choice!

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
301 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in the middle of it

Thank you everyone!

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
301 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in the middle of it

I am back with a question? What do you all think of the Kings Courtyard? They had a great rate and I am kind of fond of the wine and cheese reception in the evenings. Most of the reviews are good here on TA but there was one that was bad..so I would like to see what some of the experts say or those of you who have been there recently.

Thanks!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,905 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel in the middle of it

Of course, since I live here, have not had any reason to stay in any of the downtown hotels.... it is a nice location. Not a place I hear mentioned here often. Perhaps a visitor who has actually stayed there can answer. I would suggest that you start a new thread with "Kings Courtyard Inn??" as the title. It will attract more interest than this question within a question. :-)