We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking the Ravenel Bridge

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eastern Kentucky...
Level Contributor
247 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Walking the Ravenel Bridge

While we're there next month, I want to walk the Ravenel Bridge. My husband, however, does not think vacations should include 5 mile walks. lol. Is it possible to park on the Mt. Pleasant end, walk just one way, and then take the water taxi back?

Thanks.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,914 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking the Ravenel Bridge

If you are planning to do this, I would start on the Charleston side then take the water taxi back. You might want to take a taxi from the water taxi to your car.

Eastern Kentucky...
Level Contributor
247 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking the Ravenel Bridge

Am I correct in saying that the water taxi pickup spot is somewhere near the aquarium? Is there parking close to the aquarium? I'm trying to remember where we parked when we went to the aquarium a few years ago, but I can't.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,888 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking the Ravenel Bridge

Garage is right across the street from Aquarium.

Eastern Kentucky...
Level Contributor
247 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking the Ravenel Bridge

Thank you, Beth. Now that you mention it, that is exactly where we parked!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking the Ravenel Bridge

I start on the Mount Pleasant side, walk up to the top, turn around, and go back down. That might be easier than all the moving parts in the water taxi plan.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,914 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking the Ravenel Bridge

I agree with Shanklemsw.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,888 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking the Ravenel Bridge

I also agree with walking to the top and turning around. Even one way,it would be a long haul when tacking on the additional mileage to and from the boat docks.

Eastern Kentucky...
Level Contributor
247 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking the Ravenel Bridge

Having looked over the water taxi routes and the map of the Mt. Pleasant end, I think we will do just that--walk halfway and turn around. From there, we'll go to Fort Moultrie and then make our way back to the historic district.

9. Re: Walking the Ravenel Bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 09:16