We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charleston & Savannah- A Short Report & Thanks

tucson
Level Contributor
123 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Charleston & Savannah- A Short Report & Thanks

We recently travelled from Savannah to Charleston and appreciate all the advice we got from our ‘advisors’. Thought I’d pass on some comments: Savannah – stayed at Ballastone Inn and enjoyed it. Ate at Local 11 Ten (great!) and the Pink House (seriously over-rated). Drove through St. Helena Island on the way to Charleston. If you’re interested in Gullah culture, I recommend it – and don’t forget to stop at Gullah Grub for lunch! In Charleston, stayed at Vendue Inn - great location/service was fine. Enjoyed eating our way through Charleston including Magnolia’s, Cypress, Rue de Jean, and Hank’s – all different/all very good – even if a bit pricey, but that’s Charleston. In Charleston, we took the Palmetto Carriage tour and were disappointed. I know the routes are highly regulated, but our route was not particularly interesting and did not give us a good overview of the city. Our guide was knowledgeable enough but uninspiring. A far better – if very different and very entertaining tour – was that of Gullah Tours – a great way to learn more about the city. Again, thanks to all --

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,972 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charleston & Savannah- A Short Report & Thanks

Thanks for your review. We hope that you come back again.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,046 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charleston & Savannah- A Short Report & Thanks

Thanks so much for taking time to report back. It's always helpful for us to know what you think.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,826 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charleston & Savannah- A Short Report & Thanks

Wonderful that you had an opportunity to take the Gullah Tour. Alphonso Brown and his tour are Charleston treasures.

Gullah Grub sounds great. The menu has my mouth watering! Hope to visit there sometime in the next few weeks.

Thanks for taking the time to write!

4. Re: Charleston & Savannah- A Short Report & Thanks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 10:17