We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Brookgreen Gardens H/C accessible?

Delaware
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
Is Brookgreen Gardens H/C accessible?

Looking at doing a daytrip from CHS to Brookgreen. Know it is about 90 min each way, which is not a problem. However, tho DH is not wheelchair bound, he does have some mobility issues, and is unable to walk long distances. Is there a tram or bus tour through the gardens? I haven't found one on their website.

Thanks,

Dreamer

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,747 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Brookgreen Gardens H/C accessible?

I have been there a number of times and have not seen any such thing. The paths are really for walking, not vehicles. That said, they may have those scooter type things (like the grocery store) available to use. The website says they have "adult strollers" available at the Welcome Center, not sure exactly what that is.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Brookgreen Gardens H/C accessible?

I would call them and ask very specific questions regarding your needs and abilities.

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Brookgreen Gardens H/C accessible?

The adult stroller is a chair with large wheels that can be pushed thru the gardens. It cannot be self-propelled. Depending upon the handicap, it works well for a garden tour. I've used one on several occasions for my mother, who has walking limitations.

There is a free tram that carries visitors between the major areas of the gardens, but it does not actually go into the sculpture gardens.

4. Re: Is Brookgreen Gardens H/C accessible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2013, 10:17