DH and I will be visiting SC relatives over the Labor Day holiday. We've visited numerous times in the past 20 years - have done all the plantations, Charlestowne Landing, Aquarium, Fort Sumter, carriage tour through the city, Waterfront Park, Cypress Gardens etc. We will be staying in Summerville and have a rental car for the entire 6 day stay.
We're two 40-somethings and a senior (my MIL) who like being outdoors, seeing the sights and chilling. I've usually planned our activities in the past which has made it easy for my MIL to visit SC places she's never been and to hang with us.
For this trip I was thinking:
Day 1 - we arrive early am (our chill day)
Day 2 - Downtown Charleston Day (Saturday)
- Gibbes Museum
- please suggest a restaurant for 3 adults with good Southern food (but not frou frou ;-)
- watch the sunset at Vendue Inn??
Day 3 - Sunday
- Charleston Harbor Tour
Day 4 - Monday (Labor Day)
Looking for ideas???
Day 5 - Tuesday
- Isle of Palms Beach (probably leave around 11 am to go to beach)
- Would like to stop somewhere and have a nice lunch on way to IOP
- Would like to pick up a nice dinner on our way back to Summerville
Day 6 - Wednesday
we head home