We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Weekend help

overland park, ks
Level Contributor
107 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Girls Weekend help

There is so much info to go through here I thought I would post.

I see that I need Historic Charleston most likely as my area pick and I notice that walking is probable.

I'm considering Charleston for our next Girls Weekend. 4 women in our upper 30's. We like to relax, shop, spa, dine out, and catch up. We'll head out for a drink or dancing one night but are not into the rowdy bar scene and can skip this if it is not around. We are not interested in a condo or house as we do not plan on doing anything for ourselves- we're all leaving kids at home and want to go out to dinner etc.

We like nice/luxury accommodations and we do not have a set budget. Boutique or large resort/hotel is good.

We would be able to fly directly into Charleston.

1) would we need a car or is there an area we could go to where we could walk and/or use hotel transport/cab?

2) Is November a desirable time ( 1st week)

3) What hotel or resort would you recommend?

4) Which spa would you recommend? I know most responses say skip the spa, but we always do spa and will want to.

Thanks for your responses!

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls Weekend help

Charleston Place sounds like it would be a good fit for you. Great spa on-site, luxury accomodations including concierge floor, within walking distance of other great restaurants, nightlife, & shopping, as well as beng snack-dab in the middle of historic district, Charleston Grill restaurant on-site with nice bar and live, low-key jazz.

Early November is a great time. Usually very pleasant weather, although too cold to swim in the ocean (at least for me).

You can easily get around downtown Charleston without a car. However, if you want to take a stroll on one of the area beaches or visit a plantation, you'd need to rent a car. However, you'll find more than enough to do in the downtown area to easily fill up a weekend!

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,236 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls Weekend help

I agree, CP sounds like the place for you and your friends, everything you are asking for is within walking distance.

3. Re: Girls Weekend help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 07:18