We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip from Charleston in April

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oxfordshire UK
Level Contributor
200 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Road trip from Charleston in April

We will fly into Charleston from UK and spend 4 days before going onto Beaufort and Savannah for 3 days.

We then want to do a road trip to New Orleans. Time is not a problem as we are retired but we are unsure what route to take. Any one who has suggestions could help us plan an interesting trip. It is an area we know very little about. We have explored many U.S.A States over the years and loved everyone of them.

If anyone has any information we should explore , it would be of great help.

Thanking you

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip from Charleston in April

I've done that drive several ways. The one I enjoyed the most was from Savannah, I took 84 through Jessup and Waycross. Not much there but I like side roads. Then I cut down to I 10 across the FL panhandle. I had only 2 days to do the trip ( I had to be at work) so I stayed in Biloxi, then kept going the next day. There are lots of nice Gulf towns to see. You might want to post on the AL, and FL forums to get better local information. Many of the New Orleans regulars could probably help you more with that end of your trip.

2. Re: Road trip from Charleston in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2013, 06:16