We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ghost tours

north kingstown
1 post
Save Topic
ghost tours

witch are the best tours to take

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,801 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ghost tours

There are so many ghost tours in Charleston! Some wander all through the historic district, while others concentrate on specific locations. Some are appropriate for all family members, while others are recommended only for adults.

We can provide better responses if you give us more information about the ages and interests of your group.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ghost tours

My favorite is the old city jail tour with Bulldog.

M R
ANDERSON
Level Contributor
1 post
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ghost tours

What would be an appropriate ghost tour for a 16 year old girl and her mother? My daughter is interested in history as well as some authentic sounding ghost stories.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,801 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ghost tours

Any and all of the ghost tours are "appropriate" for your teenage daughter and yourself. The ghost tours through the historic district are all pretty similar. The quality of any individual tour depends a lot upon the guide and the make up of the tour group. (I.E. You pay your money and you take your chances.)

Here are some things to consider:

The different ghost tours advertise different advantages, so read the info careful to see what best suits you. One tour advertises that it goes into a graveyard, while most look through the gates. Another is based upon a famous book about Charleston ghosts and, at least sometimes, is guided by one of the authors. Most tours are outdoors and wandering the streets, while a few go into buildings.

Different tours have slightly differing schedules, walking routes and start/stop points. As you are planning your tour, study the route so you'll know what to expect. Take flashlights, as Charleston at night gets VERY dark! Above all, find out where walking the tour ends, which is often NOT where the tour started:

A few years ago my teenage daughter and I took one of the ghost tours without having familiarized ourselves with the route. We ended up far from where our car was parked; and, armed only with one small flashlight, were completely on our own to "follow our noses" to the car. I was very happy to find the car under a street lamp and leap inside. Even though I know the streets of Charleston extremely well, I felt quite disoriented.

Edited: 01 October 2012, 14:15
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,662 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ghost tours

Magnolia Cemetery is advertising Confederate Ghost Tours through the Confederate Heritage Trust.

843-722-8638

6. Re: ghost tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 12:18