We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East Battery walk

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
116 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
East Battery walk

Should you continue the walk on South Battery and loop around to Tradd St.or is East Battery enough of the scenery? Which street, Meeting or Church is the best for viewing architecture?

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,854 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: East Battery walk

How much time do you have to wander, and do you plan to visit any of the museum homes?

East Bay is spectacular; but Meeting, Church and Tradd all have remarkable examples of early architecture as well as lovely gardens in which to peek.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
116 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: East Battery walk

Probably 2 hours. Any suggestions on carraige tours? I'm interested in homes, churches, gardens.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,752 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: East Battery walk

If you walk down East Battery, you'll get to White Point Garden at the tip of the peninsula. Then you need to head north again.

Good routes for two hours or so with East Battery: turn right on South Battery and walk north on Meeting Street, Church Street or Legare Street. If Meeting Street, walk all the way to Broad. If Church Street, turn left on St. Michaels Alley to get to Meeting Street. If Legare, turn right on Tradd, left on Orange and so to Broad Street.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,854 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: East Battery walk

With only two hours to spend, I would wander at whim, going off course to stroll through alleys and into churchyards. Charleston is so rich in history and beauty that you cannot go wrong.You will come back. (Trust me on that!)

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
116 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: East Battery walk

Thanks for the walking tips. I have decided to spend a night in the HD. I will also stay at Middleton Place. I think I skip a tour and just walk on my own.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,741 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: East Battery walk

Walking on your own is fine too, however, you will learn so much more with a tour. Possibly a carriage tour, those only take about an hour or so. Or if you have more time a walking tour.

7. Re: East Battery walk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 10:17