We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation Rentals - Historic District

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Vacation Rentals - Historic District

Considering a New Years trip to Charleston. I read the article and realize the value of the historic district but I'm having difficulty locating a vacation rental. Any ideas on securing a rental?

We will be driving there, so if not the historic district, what part of town should we look for a vacation rental?

Thanks.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,979 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation Rentals - Historic District

If yiiu cannot find a rental in the historic district, consider staying at one of the nearby beach areas, where there are many rentals available. Isle of Palms, Sullivan's Island, and Folly Beach are only 20 minutes drive from the HD. Even at New Years the weather may be nice for walking the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Sullivan's Island
Sullivan's Island
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Folly Beach
Folly Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,865 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation Rentals - Historic District

vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/Charles…

http://www.homeaway.com/search/refined/south-carolina/charleston/region:6374/Location+Type:downtown

http://www.vrbo.com/search/usa/south-carolina/charleston-area/charleston?q=Charleston%2c+South+Carolina

Is everything downtown already booked? If so, I agree you should be able to find something at one of the close beaches.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,487 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation Rentals - Historic District

That was my question also... can you actually not locate historic district rentals? Or is the problem that they are all booked up?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
572 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation Rentals - Historic District

There are some agencies that handle rentals in the HD, one that I know of is HCBB. www.historiccharlestonbedandbreakfast.com/. There are others as well, depending on how many you need to sleep it should not be too bad. Pricing at this time may be up though.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation Rentals - Historic District

Thanks for your responses. I'm having difficulty identifying the historic district.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation Rentals - Historic District

Here's a map...

www.charlestoncvb.com/pdf/chaspenmap.pdf

You'll find most of the accomodations will be in the area from Calhoun St. and below on the map(toward the peninsula and the ocean).

Hope this helps. If you've got addresses/cross streets, you should be able to locate, somewhat.

7. Re: Vacation Rentals - Historic District

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 20:15