We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are online bookings ahead of visit recommended?

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
118 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Are online bookings ahead of visit recommended?

Hello-

We're starting to identify a list of things we want to do during our end of March visit. I'm wondering if it is recommended to buy tickets/ reservations ahead of time for the following things:

- Palmetto carriage ride (hour tour)

- Fort Sumter ferry

- Middleton Place

Some of the online reservations have a bit of a discount- but it's nothing major- thus, I'm not sure if it's worth locking into a schedule that's not flexible (can't cancel if it's raining for example).

Thanks!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,960 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are online bookings ahead of visit recommended?

Advanced reservations for those are not necessary. Hotel reservations are definitely recommended and some restaurants.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
118 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are online bookings ahead of visit recommended?

Good to know! Thanks for the response. I'm glad to hear we don't have to book everthing ahead of time.

We have our hotel reservations set and I haven't done too much thinking about restaurants yet. We would like to go to the Hominy Grill (I'll make reservations for dinner there) and potentially the Crab Shack on Folly Beach. We've got 3 kids (including a 6 year old)- so we won't be doing a lot of "fine dining".

3. Re: Are online bookings ahead of visit recommended?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 06:16