We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours - which to take, inexpensive dinner?

michigan
Level Contributor
130 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tours - which to take, inexpensive dinner?

My wife and I will be in Charleston on 2/12-2/14, (2 nights, 3 days).

We are staying at the Harborview Inn. I am just overwhelmed with all the info on tours etc. Should we take a Carriage Tour and a Walking tour or just one? Do they overlap? We have no problem walking. We like history, old homes, etc. Also, what about the Cullinary tours? Are there more than one? Which carriage tour, walking tour and culinary tours do your recommend?

We do have a dinner reservation at Peninsula Grill for one night, any dinner recommendations not so expensive for the second?

Thanks, Milton

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours - which to take, inexpensive dinner?

If you have no problem walking, and because you're coming in when the weather is chilly, I'd say do a walking tour over a carriage tour.

As for a more moderately priced dinner, I'd go for a burger at the sidebar at Husk, or grab a lobster roll at Pearlz. That, or...if you're feeling very local and southern, try the famous Dave's Carry-Out for some fried seafood (42 Morris). Fast and French on Broad is a different option, as well.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours - which to take, inexpensive dinner?

Check w/Ed Grimball for an excellent walking tour.

Another option for moderately priced dinner would be Jestines, good pecan chicken and Coca Cola cake.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours - which to take, inexpensive dinner?

I vote for a carriage ride. I have been on several carriage rides and always enjoy it. If you don't want a formal walking tour, you could also pick up a book for a self guided walking tour.

4. Re: Tours - which to take, inexpensive dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2014, 06:16