We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Riverview . How is this locationwise?

Fulham
Level Contributor
332 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Riverview . How is this locationwise?

Our operator has suggested this for a visit in early April. It seems Charleston is busy for Easter and immediately afterwards. It also seems good value for money.

I have read the hotel reviews which major on the rooftop restaurant and the fact that it is between two main roads.

We'll be wanting to spend most of our time downtown and in the French Quarter (I guess).

Will we be making a mistake if we accept this hotel?

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,540 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Riverview . How is this locationwise?

You will have to drive and park everywhere, there is pretty much nothing w/i walking distance, if that is a concern for you.

Ten minute +/- drive to the Historic District.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,747 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Riverview . How is this locationwise?

It depends on what you are looking for. You will need to drive to the historic district each day and pay to park, if the hotel does not offer a shuttle. The hotel is not in walking distance to anything, is between to very busy roads with heavy traffic. Right between them, they are very close. Have you read the reviews on TA? The hotel was built in the 1970's, not sure how recently it was updated.

10 minute drive, assuming non rush hour.

Edited: 16 February 2013, 15:38
Fulham
Level Contributor
332 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Riverview . How is this locationwise?

Thanks,

I'm looking at the map now. The hotels in the historic area seem to coming up about double the money.

I think the hotel has a shuttle bus.

T.

Fulham
Level Contributor
332 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Riverview . How is this locationwise?

Yes - according to the hotel website there is a shuttle bus.

T.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,063 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn Riverview . How is this locationwise?

I don't know that it would be a mistake unless you want to walk places. Ask if they have a shuttle. They did at one time.

Fulham
Level Contributor
332 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn Riverview . How is this locationwise?

Thanks Shanks,

It says they have.

T.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,747 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn Riverview . How is this locationwise?

Check and see what hours it runs. Make sure it runs late enough in the evening to get you back if you go out to dinner, drinks, etc.

You are right, that is a very busy time here. Most schools take their spring break either the week before or the week after Easter, so there are tons of visitors then. The hotels in the HD are usually the highest priced in town and more so during very busy times. The Best Western King Charles Inn is one of the more reasonably priced hotels in the HD.

8. Re: Holiday Inn Riverview . How is this locationwise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2014, 06:15