We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt Pleasant shopping and hair/makeup salons

Iowa
Level Contributor
123 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Mt Pleasant shopping and hair/makeup salons

My daughters and I are coming to a wedding in Mt Pleasant next weekend. We're staying at the Courtyard on Woodland Avenue. The girls want to get their hair styled and makeup done. Any suggestions on a good salon. Also, we may need to pick up some last minute items. Is there a good shopping mall in the area?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt Pleasant shopping and hair/makeup salons

Look at Mount Pleasant Towne Centre mall. It's close to where you'll be.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,579 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt Pleasant shopping and hair/makeup salons

Stella Nova Salon, Salon Capelli ~ both are good. You need to call and make an appt, I doubt you can get in as a walk in.

3. Re: Mt Pleasant shopping and hair/makeup salons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 February 2013, 20:05
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,579 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt Pleasant shopping and hair/makeup salons

Amanda R.... since you are new to the forum I will take this time to mention that you are NOT allowed to advertise or self promote on Trip Advisor. The Guidelines of TA prohibit it. It is very likely that TA will delete your post for that reason.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
34 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mt Pleasant shopping and hair/makeup salons

Since you guys removed my post for recommending my favorite hair salon on the Isle of Palms ... I'll try again ... Try Salon Latitude, my favorite stylist is Celeste ... she does lots of wedding make-up and hairs and the IOP is a hop and skip away from Mt. Pleasant.

If you like locally owned, independent shops for your shopping trip ... rather than Standard Mall town USA ... try The Belle Hall Shopping Center, on Long Point Road, Mt. Pleasant. You'll find a great selection of locally owned boutiques, sweet shops, gift shops, toy shops, cook wear shops, jewelry shops, restaurants, consignment shops and so much more there. It's fun to meander around.

Hope that helps and isn't REMOVED by the moderator. I live in Mt. Pleasant, so should know a thing or two about the area to share :-)

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
34 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mt Pleasant shopping and hair/makeup salons

The Mt. Pleasant Town Ctre Mall is very "Anywhere USAish" ... Belk, Gap, Old Navy, LOFT etc. .... not even a Nordstom or Neiman to make it more interesting. Charleston and Mt. Pleasant can do better than that for visitors!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,579 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mt Pleasant shopping and hair/makeup salons

Just to be clear.... they did not remove your post b/c you suggested your favorite hair salon. It was because you promoted the business that you own, which is a no no. :-)

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Mt Pleasant shopping and hair/makeup salons

Stella Nova is the place to go, at least according to my wife. Its expensive though.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,051 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mt Pleasant shopping and hair/makeup salons

It IS a great place. But call first. The only walk-in places I know about only do hair.

And I have to disagree with Amanda about the Town Centre. There are some locally owned stores there along with the Gap and B&N. My favorite is WineStyles. And like MikeStone said, it's close to the OP's hotel.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,579 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mt Pleasant shopping and hair/makeup salons

At pretty much any hair salon in Mt. Pleasant you will need to make an appointment. Even those that say they accept walk ins, are usually full if you just walk in. Depending on what prices you are used to, you may find the prices here rather high. For example ~ in most salons a womans haircut is about $60 (give or take a little), color and/or highlights start about $75 at most. Don't know what they charge for up do's and make up.