We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Storing luggage in Charleston

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shrewsbury, NJ
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Storing luggage in Charleston

I'm traveling with some girlfriends to Hilton Head to play tennis in April. We are flying into Charleston, and plan to spend the day exploring the historic district, and after dinner, have a driver taking us to Hilton Head. Our only problem is we don't know what to do with our luggage for the day! Does anyone know if the visitors center would offer to hold our bags? ANY suggestions or ideas would be appreciated! We can't get very far wheeling our bags along the way! Thanks! Also if you have any suggestions for how to best spend the day...we were thinking about lunch, a carriage tour...cocktails someplace great, and then a southern dinner...any other suggestions are welcome! I haven't been to Charleston in 20 years.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Storing luggage in Charleston

I'm stumped. I don't think the VC has lockers and I know the airport doesn't. So you are not renting a car?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,356 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Storing luggage in Charleston

I know sometimes hotels will hold luggage for their guests, but otherwise unattended baggage is a security risk.

Maybe the company that provides a driver can help you out? Have you talked to customer service with the airline you're using? This can't be a completely uncommon plight.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,502 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Storing luggage in Charleston

I would check with which ever company is providing the driver.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Storing luggage in Charleston

I think that's the best idea.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Storing luggage in Charleston

Just do not pick your luggage up when you arrive and have your driver swing by the airport. It should be put to the side or in the office of your airline.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,356 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Storing luggage in Charleston

If you plan to leave your luggage to the mercy of strangers, be sure it's vividly recognizable from across the terminal. Thieves target the anonymous-looking bags first, and come back later for the ones with neon flower stickers.

Boothwyn...
Level Contributor
161 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Storing luggage in Charleston

I don't think I would ever choose to leave my luggage at an airport. I have seen too many bags sitting outside the airline offices and, sadly, at most airports I've ever been at no one checks to see if people taking luggage from the baggage area are actually the owners. Perhaps you could ship your luggage directly to wherever you will be staying in Hilton Head.

8. Re: Storing luggage in Charleston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 06:16