We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long weekend in charleston

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Long weekend in charleston

My wife and I are planning to go on a long weekend in the charleston historic district in a couple of weeks. We're looking to go out for a nice dinner on night and the other nights to places that are a little less expensive but are still great. If anyone has ideas regarding bars that a couple of 28 year olds can have a good time, please let me know as well.

thanks!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long weekend in charleston

When are you planning? All weekends if May will be extremely busy, due to college graduations, beginning of Spoleto, etc. You may find hotels and restaurants already booked. The link below gives some details.

tripadvisor.com/…48572702

South Carolina
Level Contributor
117 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long weekend in charleston

I'm a little past 28 now, but have enjoyed Charleston nightlife for almost 20 years! Tommy Condon's is an Irish pub and does fun sing-alongs most nights. It is near the market. However, last time I was in town, we went to the north end of King Street (north of Calhoun Street) and found lots of wonderful restaurants and bars. We particularly liked the Cocktail Club and the rooftop bar across the street (name?). Or just ask any of the local college kids and they can give you an idea once you get there.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long weekend in charleston

Pretty sure that rooftop bar is the Starlight.

Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long weekend in charleston

Weekend of April 11th

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long weekend in charleston

For dinner out, you may want to try and get reservations ASAP. Without them you may find that your only options are 5:30 or 9:30.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
9 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long weekend in charleston

Rue de Jean, FIG, Husk are great for romantic dinners. Fun bar/cheaper restaurants are Closed for Business, Rarebit, Cocktail Club, Gin Joint, Fish.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,798 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Long weekend in charleston

FIG, Anson, Hanks, High Cotton, SNOB, all good choices for your upscale dinner. There are lots of bars and restaurants on upper King that would be good for the other evenings.

You do need to check out reservations ASAP, availability may be slim at this time.

Edited: 05 April 2013, 07:54
Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Long weekend in charleston

Close, endo. It's Stars Grill Room.

starsrestaurant.com/grill-room-charleston-sc/

The restaurant has a nice retro vibe and the rooftop is fun. The people there looked 28-ish!

9. Re: Long weekend in charleston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2014, 05:17