We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach hotel...

Vancouver WA
Level Contributor
110 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Beach hotel...

Looking to spend a relaxing weekend at the beach, we are married earlier 30's no kids looking for a little romance and some r&r

1. Nice beach

2. Pool/ nice rooms

3. Nice dinner/cocktails

Here are the 3 hotels I am looking at

Tides folly beach, boardwalk inn or Kiawah island resort (in a one bedroo condo)

Thanks

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,865 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach hotel...

The beach is very narrow at Tides Folly Beach. The hotel sits at the head of the commercial strip. The floors are greasy. On the whole, if you can go somewhere nicer, do so.

I don't know Isle of Palms very well. Kiawah is wonderful.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach hotel...

Kiawah is perfect for a little romance.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach hotel...

Yeah for a romantic getaway I would def pick Kiawah, great shopping/restaurants at Freshfields village, an awesome quiet beach.

As fun as Folly is, I wouldn't recommend it for a romantic getaway

Isle of palms would be the second choice, but its a pretty busy place.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,487 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach hotel...

The Boardwalk Inn is in the gated community of Wild Dunes on the Isle of Palms. That area should not be super busy, nice beaches, nice proximity to historic Charleston if you want to visit there as well. About 25 min to Downtown.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,998 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach hotel...

We just stayed a couple of nights at the Tides. The location is great. Every room has an ocean view. It used to be a Holiday Inn. It was all done over within the last couple of years and looks pretty good, but the rooms still have a "Holiday Innishness" about them. The staff was nice. The restaurant in the hotel, Blue, was very good. There is a pool and a bar at the beach.

Other than the restaurant in the hotel, there are no "nice' restaurants nearby, just some fun, very casual places.

The floors are greasy? Not sure what that means, but didn't notice that.

6. Re: Beach hotel...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 06:20