We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mount Pleasant area

Newcastle Australia
Level Contributor
448 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Mount Pleasant area

We are considering the Holiday Inn Mount Pleasant for a two night stay during October. The hotel gets good reviews and the rates are good but many say the location is not that great. We like to keep the use of taxis to a minimum however I have been reading the Carta web site and it appears that a Metro bus is available to both downtown and Shem Creek. It is just that no one else has mentioned the use of the bus so I am wondering if this is feasible. Shem Creek looks like a great place to enjoy happy hour after a day of sight seeing. Comments appreciated.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,589 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mount Pleasant area

Our public transportation is not the most reliable or time efficient. Buses are often late, etc and you also often have to go far out of your way to get to an area that is fairly close. The Holiday Inn Express is next door to the Holiday Inn and is newer.

Have you considered the Shem Creek Inn? It is right on Shem Creek, it is older, but walkable to all the Shem Creek restaurants, etc. Also, there is a Quality Inn at Patriot's Point that is a bit more convenient location. You could actually walk to Shem Creek from there (if you don't mind a walk of a mile or so) and could take the water taxi across the harbor to the historic district.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mount Pleasant area

I would def avoid public transport, We don't have much of a system in place, its nothing like what large cities in Australia, Europe have.

I ditto Endo, Shem Creek Inn is a great place to stay and you'll be in the heart of the shem creek scene. If you plan on going downtown you'll need to either rent a car or take the water taxi (Which is a pretty fun boat ride)

Newcastle Australia
Level Contributor
448 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mount Pleasant area

Thanks for your comments - Shem Creek Inn and water taxi looks like the way to go. Pity about the bus system as the schedule looked good. Thanks again.

4. Re: Mount Pleasant area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 06:17