We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charleston Trip Report

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
353 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Charleston Trip Report

We went for a girls weekend June 7-10. We started in Savannah and then came to Charleston. I thin this was one of the best girl trips we have had. We booked a house though VRBO.com ( The Rutledge Inn, www.therutledgeavenueinn.com. This was great. There were 5 girls and we had plenty on room. This was a 2 BR, 2 1/2 bath house with a full kitchen, living room and DR. There was a washer and dryer there for use also. We also had a balcony. There were several restuarants in the area. We started off with a culinary tour on Upper King St - YUM! You must go by Sugar - a bakery that makes cupcakes mostly - heaven. Then we just grabbed a late bite to eat that night because we were tired and full from the tour - we ate at Fuel by the house - it was ok. THe next morning we had a walking tour by Michael Trouche - awesome tour guide and historian. That lasted about 2 1/2 hours - very hot! We were starving after so we went to eat at 82 Queen - YUM, would recommend highly. We had the SheCrab soup and crab benedict entrée....mmm. From there we shopped at the Market and then walked down the pier and by the fountain. I was disappointed that they allow people to swim in the fountain - it was filled which made it hard to take a picture. From there we went and met up with the rest of the group at the Pavilion roof top bar, then went home and got dressed for dinner. We had a light dinner at Leaf (I think that was the name) it was good - very light. Then we went back to the bar for a little more partying and then went home. On Sunday we went to Boone Plantation - very pretty and interesting - learned about the Gullah culture. From there we went to Sullivan's Island and had a late lunch at Poe's - great food. We had stopped at RB's but reviews weren't great and didn't have that vibe so we left and drove on to Poe's. From there we walked down to the beach - not so impressed. Then we drove around Isle of Palms and headed back home for a night of rest and relaxation to head out the next day. I loved Charleston and would go back in a heart beat. I don't think that you could go wrong eating anywhere. Take in the local places and the arts.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charleston Trip Report

Sounds like a lot of fun. Come back again soon!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,356 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charleston Trip Report

Thanks for posting. You love some of my favorites - Sugar Bakeshop, Michael Trouche, she crab soup at 82 Queen - so I know we share some perspectives! Therefore I appreciate your opinions about other places you visited.

Sunnyside, New York
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charleston Trip Report

Thank you for the feed back it was very helpful especially since Im doing a girls trip next week.

4. Re: Charleston Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2014, 06:18