We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner in Charleston - WHERE?

Iowa
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dinner in Charleston - WHERE?

We have a group of ladies visiting Charleston in October. I need to make dinner reservations. I need recommendations! I would prefer no chain restaurants. No price limits. I want somewhere highly recommended!

Thanks!!!

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,715 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner in Charleston - WHERE?

In Charleston, your problem will be choosing among the many great restaurants.

Please let us know - How many people? Any food preferences?

Iowa
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner in Charleston - WHERE?

We have 15-17 people. I'm not looking for a private room but I will need reservations. And any type of food. I would like something that is not only seafood as some don't like seafood but other than that there are no restrictions.

Thank You!!

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner in Charleston - WHERE?

A number of downtown restaurants have private rooms. We like Magnolia's and Cypress. Both offer many things in addition to seafood.

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner in Charleston - WHERE?

My bad... just saw that you didn't needs a private room. Same restaurants mentioned above can still help you.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,715 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner in Charleston - WHERE?

With that many people it may be easier to chat if you have a private room. Also, the servers will have more space to move around you. In addition to the restaurants mentioned, you should consider 82 Queen, which is always lovely for a ladies' event. - http://www.82queen.com/events-private-dining/

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
995 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner in Charleston - WHERE?

I wouldn't highly recommend 82 Queen as I think the atmosphere is much better than the food there. Anson, Blossom, or Charleston Grill - if price isn't a limitation. I've been to all three in the past two months and was very pleased with each. I'd suggest looking at individual menus to make the selection.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,995 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner in Charleston - WHERE?

High Cotton has a separate room that holds about that many.

Have you looked at some of the other posts on this forum?

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,960 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner in Charleston - WHERE?

I agree that either a private room or one with few other guests would be better for a large group. I would try 82 Queen, Magnolias or High Cotton. Do make your reservations soon. All of these restaurants have links from the restaurant section of TA with menus to check out. I love the she crab soup at 82 Queen and the shrimp & grits at Magnolias.

9. Re: Dinner in Charleston - WHERE?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 05:17