We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typical July weather.

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Typical July weather.

My Wife and I are visiting next week the 1st week of July (July 1st thru 5th) our first time in Charleston. All the weather sites says storms and rain consistently. I travel quite a bit and know that tropical / humid & warm weather locales often say this on the weather sites because of the high humidity it may rain sporadically for a short period of time over night or quickly during the day, just curious if this is the case case with Charleston or if we should expect to be inside the majority of the week.

Thanks for any mental relief!

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,602 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Typical July weather.

We have rain forecast most every day during the hot, humid summer months. Yes, they do cover themselves w/this forecast.

Usually (and I say usually, I can't guarantee anything) we have pop-up thunderstorms during the afternoons, it can literally pour on one side of the street and be dry on the other.

Many times the storms dissipate before they totally get to the beach locations. It will storm and dump in N. Charleston and in the HD and we'll never see anything out here on the islands.

I'm hoping for good weather, we have guests for about 10 days and we have lots of things planned outdoors!!!

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Typical July weather.

Thanks! Assumed this to be the case but always nice to hear it from the locals! I'm sure we will find fun things to do in either case!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Typical July weather.

This year it's still abnormally cool and unusually wet. Many days I have rain and people a mile away don't, or vice versa. You'll be fine.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Typical July weather.

During summer pop up showers, it can be pouring rain on one side of the street and dry on the other. Just tuck in a small umbrella.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
94 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Typical July weather.

Salukis 73 SO glad you asked this! We arrive on Sat. for a week and the forecast has been bumming me out. Regardless we will make the best of it no matter what the weather holds! Can't wait!

CHARLESTON, SC
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
802 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Typical July weather.

I agree with everybody else. Typically in the summer you can kind of see storms building here...just look toward the north and you can normally see the clouds kind of stacking up. So much heat and humidity eventually it has to pop. Evening showers typically don't last long and lead to a wonderful night. These storms are frequent but lead to such good weather that I try to plan my fishin' trips to immediately follow them.

7. Re: Typical July weather.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2014, 07:18