We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's going on in October?

Birmingham, Alabama
3 posts
Save Topic
What's going on in October?

Hello Everyone, I am planning on coming to Charleston in October 18th-22nd. What if anything is going on during this time? We are planning on staying on the beach in a condo BUT....I am coming for Charleston. I have been to Savannah in October is the weather about the same? I also would love to hear about anywhere interesting to go and do. I am not a typical "tourist" person.

Thank you.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,017 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's going on in October?

Welcome to the forum.

Even if you are "not a typical "tourist" person", you'll want to enjoy the sights that Charleston visitors and locals alike enjoy. Take a look at the links at the top right of this page for a list of events, and ideas for planning your stay. There are tons of things to do.

Also take a look at this website for some ideas:

charlestoncvb.com/visitors/…

The October weather will be similar to Savannah's.

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's going on in October?

CVB website is a great place to start. If you have any special interests, please post, so we can give you more specific advice. Charleston has everything from Colonial history to watersports to incredible restaurants... and just about everything inbetween!

Birmingham, Alabama
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What's going on in October?

I love anything historical as I know Charleston is full of. I love anything to do with art, music, food. This will be a girls weekend.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's going on in October?

October weather should be beautiful. The Preservation Society of Charleston house & garden tours go on all month. Look at their website, and remember these events do sell out in advance.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,329 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's going on in October?

Not only do the Preservation tour tickets sell out, but restaurants and hotels will be quite full, so plan and make reservations early.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,299 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's going on in October?

Yes, you will need hotel reservations soon and restaurant reservations 2 or more weeks ahead for the best choices of places and times.

Birmingham, Alabama
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What's going on in October?

Thank you for the insight, We are getting it all ready this month.

8. Re: What's going on in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2014, 06:19