We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resturants -

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Opelika, Ala.
Level Contributor
27 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Resturants -

haven't read of much love for Pennisula Grill on this site. PG is rated very high on most publication list, but I like forum input because it has experiences of both local experts and past travelers. Anyone wish to offer opinions on PG. Also, I have reservations at Husk and Hank's, thoughts on those or others ? thanks

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
964 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resturants -

I really enjoyed a recent meal at Hank's, great food and service, but very popular and busy. I ate at Husk when it first opened and thought it was overrated - it wasn't exactly my cup of tea, since I wasn't impressed by cornbread made with lard served in a skillet. Also the bar is in a separate structure, and you have to walk down stairs carrying your own drink - the bar/lounge was nice though. Finally it's been 3 years since I last tried Peninsula Grill, when we walked out after sitting at our reserved table and being ignored for 10 or 15 minutes - no water, no menu, no apology until we were on our way out the door. I am considering trying there again though, because of reviews and their menu looks good. But at that price range, I expect excellent service as well as to be wowed by the food.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Resturants -

Its a very fancy place, but never had a bad experience there, Service and Quality def matches up with the price.

Some nice folks work there too. Deserts there are killer.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,983 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resturants -

It's been a couple of years since we actually had dinner at PG, but our experience was excellent (except for the fact that like many restaurants in CHS, it's quite noisy). We do pop in regularly to pick up Coconut Cake to go.

Hank's is one of our favorites, so we get there several times a year.

We too visited Husk when they first opened. It was good, but not worth the hype. Haven't made the effort to go back again.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,983 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resturants -

You might check out FIG (our favorite) or Anson.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
964 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resturants -

I second Anson, and also had an excellent fixed price meal with wine pairings at McCrady's. SNOB, Charleston Grill, and the Macintosh are all top notch too.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resturants -

I really enjoyed Peninsula Grill when Robert was there. When he opened Carter's Kitchen I went there instead. So I can't really tell you what it's like now. My friends who Know These Things like it a lot.

Endo and I had a nice meal at Anson during Restaurant Week. The Shrimp and Grits are at the top of my list.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,817 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resturants -

We like P. Grill, it has gotten quite expensive and the last time we were there, even tho we enjoyed it, we commented that there were other places just as good and not as expensive. Personally, I think Husk is over rated. Really like FIG, Hall's Chophouse, High Cotton, Anson, trying The Ordinary for the 1st time this weekend.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resturants -

Oooo, I hope you love it. I think you will.

Opelika, Ala.
Level Contributor
27 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resturants -

thanks for the reviews. Really consistent thoughts by everyone ! That helps !

10. Re: Resturants -

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 05:19