We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing in November

port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing in November

My wife and I will be in the area the second week of November. We would like to do a fishing charter. What is running that time of year? what might be our best option, inshore, nearshore offshore?

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing in November

JTMAY is our fishing expert. If he does not respond you might send him a personal message.

CHARLESTON, SC
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
784 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing in November

I think I got this taken care of in that private message you sent me but just in case:

That should actually be a really nice time for fishin'. The very tail end of inshore shrimp are right around then depending on the temperatures. If the shrimp are still in trout will be going crazy as will redfish and flounder trying to eat as many shrimp as they can before they all move off shore until late May of next year. I would recommend an in-shore charter. Allure Fishing Charters, http://www.allurefishingcharters.com/, does a tremendous job. The main captain there, Patrick Crawford, actually recently won the show Top Hooker on Animal Planet.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Always happy to talk about fishin'.

Thanks,

Justin

port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing in November

thanks, Justin. I sent an email to Capt Patrick with our dates.

What about Cobia that time of year? Sheepshead?

CHARLESTON, SC
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
784 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing in November

Cobia run in the early part of summer here primarily May and June. Sheepshead should be an option though around a lot of the local bridges and docks.

Chicago
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing in November

Hey JTMay, looks like Patrick from Allure is out of town on Nov. 11. I'm looking for someone to take me out for redfish on for a 4 or 6 hour trip on that morning. Any other recommendations?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing in November

Try charlestonfishing.com. They will be glad to help you out.

CHARLESTON, SC
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
784 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing in November

Captain Jeff Yates from TyJo Knots charters is an excellent captain as well.

http://www.inshorefishingcharleston.com/

Mandeville, LA
Level Contributor
466 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishing in November

Great info for our later November trip- thanks!

Chicago
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fishing in November

Thanks guys, I'll reach out to them

port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fishing in November

We fished with Capt Danny , Knotstressedcharters last friday in a howling north wind that just would not let up. the water was coffee colored and fishing conditions were just awful. Dan kept working and found the only spot where the wind and the tide were right with just enough shelter to make it fishable and we found a load of nice trout. We put most back, but kept enough of the bigger ones for lunch back at the cafe on Shem creek, a fine fish fry. I would love to fish with Dan on a good day. I will reccomend him without hesitation