We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carriage Tour Routes

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Carriage Tour Routes

So, I have spent all day in this forum and other sites researching many different options for our November trip. I understand our carriage tour is completely the luck of the draw. The general consensus seems to be that route 3 is not so great and route 1 is the best. Does anyone know the areas of the three routes?

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,536 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carriage Tour Routes

I have tried many times to locate maps of the 3 routes and have never been able to find any thing. I suspect that is because the route may vary slightly year to year. I have done all three and found them all very interesting. Most tourists want the route at the Battery with the huge houses, but everyone just can't go there or it would be gridlock with carriages.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,897 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carriage Tour Routes

I have been on (I think) all of them and they are all very good, beautiful and interesting

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carriage Tour Routes

You can find the zone maps at http://charleston-sc.gov/index.aspx?nid=184. Scroll down to Resources. Keep in mind that these maps show where the carriages can go in each zone... you may not cover the entire area of each zone, though.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
34 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carriage Tour Routes

any idea how much these cost?

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carriage Tour Routes

The going rate is around $20.

6. Re: Carriage Tour Routes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 06:18