We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown lodging with toddler

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
85 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown lodging with toddler

Looking for recommendations on lodging. We are traveling with a 2 year old, so someplace with a separate bedroom and a kitchen would be nice. On a budget, but would like to be in a central area so that we can walk to most places. Thank you!

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,897 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown lodging with toddler

You want lodging in the Historic District, not downtown!!! HD is where you can walk to everything, downtown, not so much.

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
69 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown lodging with toddler

Highly suggest you think about The Embassy Suites Historic, Doubletree Suites or looking on VRBO to see if there are any cottages you can rent. Embassy really is your best option---even included breakfast and cocktails!

CHARLESTON, SC
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
764 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown lodging with toddler

The Restoration on King sounds like it would be perfect for y'all but it might not be within your budget I don't know.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g54171-d1657346…

www.restorationonking.com

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown lodging with toddler

The new Holiday Inn on Meeting Street at Woolfe. It's in the historic district and very new - includes full breakfast and rooms are large. We had two queens.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,914 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown lodging with toddler

Check out www.vrbo.com. I found these 12 under $200/night in the historic district - 16326, 413517, 417791, 450710, 36183, 3552597ha, 424568, 455706, 452485, 297959, 433033, and 487704. There are more but maybe you can find something with your dates. Some of these looked great! You might contact the owners and confirm the little one is ok. Some rentals will not allow children under a certain age because of insurance restrictions.

I hope this helps and that you have a wonderful vacation!

South Carolina
Level Contributor
117 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown lodging with toddler

We have stayed at the Double Tree in the HD. It is in the middle of everything, and they have 2 room and loft options. They do not have kitchens, that I am aware of, but you get a mini fridge and wet bar area. We made our last reservation 10 days out and got a great deal- around $160 for a week night, I think.

7. Re: Downtown lodging with toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 05:17