We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One more dinner to book...

Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
185 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
One more dinner to book...

Will be in Charleston mid September and have booked Husk, Fig and Anson. Just looking for one more booking and a bit stuck. Trying to decide between Hominy Grill, The Macintosh, High Cotton, or Hanks (reviews of Hanks look really mixed and a bit concerning). Thoughts? Is there something we have missed? We had wanted to do Charleston Grill, The Penninsula or the like but the menus didn't really inspire us so we are saving that type of experience later in the trip while in Savannah.

Just thrilled with all the choices in Charleston!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,708 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One more dinner to book...

have you looked at The Ordinary?

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,598 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One more dinner to book...

Hominy Grill is not in the same category as the others that you list.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: One more dinner to book...

I think saving your super fine dining/expensive trip for Savannah is a mistake.

You really aren't going to top Charleston, it is the culinary jewel of the south.

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
69 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One more dinner to book...

I agree with the statement above--- Savannah Restaurants have NOTHING on Charleston. I've never had a memorable meal in Savannah. ... Charleston on the other hand--- ABSOLUTELY!

All that you listed are good choices. I personally like The Macintosh.---

I would Omit Ansons and go to Pennisula Grill, Charleston Grill or Halls

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
995 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: One more dinner to book...

Hominy Grill is more casual and simpler cuisine than the others you mention, but it's excellent food all the time and a favorite of mine. Your choice really comes down to what type of meal you prefer: Southern - High Cotton and Hominy Grill, modern American - The Macintosh, or seafood - Hank's. I personally like all of these choices and recommend each of them.

6. Re: One more dinner to book...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 06:19