We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oct. visit

Campbellsville...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Oct. visit

Please help in deciding on best bet for an early Oct. visit. Rooms still seem fairly pricey for that time of year. Should I just bite the bullet and stay in historical district or try to economize and commute in to city. Btw, going 10/6-10/9.

Best Seller
Charleston’s Old South Carriage...
286 reviews
from US$26.00*
Charleston Food Tour
39 reviews
from US$60.00*
2-Hour Historical Walking Tour of...
86 reviews
from US$20.00*
Charleston Food Tour
100 reviews
from US$60.00*
Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Oct. visit

if you can, stay in the HD, its a great experience, plus, Charleston has terrible traffic, going to and from will quickly wear your patience down.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,524 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oct. visit

Charleston doesn't have a "season", we have events going on all year round, thus the prices stay up there a bit all year round.

At that particular time the fall home tours will be going on, which many folks come to town to specifically see and enjoy...

http://preservationsociety.org/

Yes, bite the bullet and stay in the HD, it's all about the experience and ambiance.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,854 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oct. visit

October is a beautiful and POPULAR time in Charleston. I agree with others. Bite the bullet, and stay in the HD. Have a great visit.

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
69 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oct. visit

Absolutely--- pay the extra $$ and stay downtown!! Hampton Inn Historic is a good middle of the road option and they have an above average breakfast!

Campbellsville...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oct. visit

Thanks for the help all. I'll bite the bullet.... may try to priceline or hotwire for a deal first though. Looking forward to the trip.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,729 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oct. visit

Unless you have used Priceline before and are familiar with it, I could not suggest using it. There are MANY reports of them offering "special" prices that are higher than what you would get if you just called the hotel directly. Also, reports of them telling someone that a hotel was in a certain area and it turned out not to be anywhere near that area. I had a very bad experience with them myself. Never again.

Indiana
Level Contributor
66 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oct. visit

There are many reasonable hotels downtown Charleston. last year we stayed at the Marriott courtyard it was very nice. check out the concierge Kevin he was so helpful to us. Also make sure when you are checking hotel rates you ask about Additional parking Charges. We will be there again this year. Mount Pleasant has some reasonable rates also.

8. Re: Oct. visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 06:19