We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halloween 2013, Nightmare on the Harbor????

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
238 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Halloween 2013, Nightmare on the Harbor????

Hey guys was thinking about going to Charleston for Halloween and wanted some advice about some stuff. Anyone ever attend the Nightmare on the Harbor event that is held at the aquarium? Do they actually do it on the 31st? Or since halloween is on a thursday will there be anything actually going on that night in the historic area? Thanks for any advice!

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,666 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halloween 2013, Nightmare on the Harbor????

I can't find any information about Nightmare on the Harbor for 2013. Do you have a link to share?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
238 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halloween 2013, Nightmare on the Harbor????

charlestoncocktail.com/event_halloween.html

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Halloween 2013, Nightmare on the Harbor????

The Aquarium one is a lot of fun, very adult, I don't remember what the date was last year though or what it will be this year. I figure they'll wait til a friday or saturday night.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
238 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halloween 2013, Nightmare on the Harbor????

with some more searching it looks like they actually do it on Halloween. Last year it was on a wednesday zvents.com/charleston_sc/events/show/2838385…

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Halloween 2013, Nightmare on the Harbor????

I'm 31 and last year I was one of the oldest people there - it is definitely more of a college-aged event. I wouldn't go again - I'm not really into electronica or raves, and that was definitely the theme last year - and yes, it takes place on the 31st.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
238 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Halloween 2013, Nightmare on the Harbor????

Is there anywhere you would recommend for a Halloween event then in town?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Halloween 2013, Nightmare on the Harbor????

I've lived here (downtown Charleston) my whole life, and things like ghost tours and whatnot usually make me feel like I'm back in school taking a field trip, but 2 or 3 years ago there was a combo walking ghost tour and pub crawl on Halloween that was a blast, but I don't know if they're doing it this year.

Last October we did the black fedora harbor cruise (murder mystery dinner theatre on a boat) , and if they run it on the 31st I would recommend it (especially if you like to dress up).

Boone Hall has a pretty popular haunted house and maze thing - the lines are usually massive and it was kind of lame last year, but It can be pretty fun with a large group and a couple of cocktails under your belt!

Hope that helps!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
238 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Halloween 2013, Nightmare on the Harbor????

Thanks so much for the info we are in our early 30's and love to dress up so anything with some alcohol and everyone dressing up is right up our alley

Clearwater, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Halloween 2013, Nightmare on the Harbor????

neither can i when i go to the website it wont come up

10. Re: Halloween 2013, Nightmare on the Harbor????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 05:16