We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Dinner/Happy hour

Florence
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Solo Dinner/Happy hour

I'll be in town next Wednesday and I enjoy sitting at the bar for dinner when eating by myself. So many great restaurants to choose from! Besides good food I'm looking for atmosphere and someplace not too pretentious.

Also I'd appreciate suggestions for happy hour for a small group of 50something girlfriends visiting. Thanks!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
995 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Dinner/Happy hour

Welcome, you'll be here for nice weather. There are lots of previous threads here about happy hours if you just search that. Lots and lots of places have excellent happy hours with both food and drink specials. Most everywhere is fine for you and your girlfriends, there is a mix of ages.

Solo dining at the bar at Barsa, a little off the beaten track, is very enjoyable, also Coast, Pearlz, and Fish. I would be glad to answer any specific questions.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,174 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Dinner/Happy hour

Almost all of the nice restaurants have a bar ~ Magnolia's, SNOB, High Cotton, FIG, etc I would suggest looking up menus and see what looks good and decide from there.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Dinner/Happy hour

Many of the restaurants have community tables (SNOB and Hanks) that are nice. Pearlz has bar seating and a great happy hour menu from 4 - 7 pm.

There are several threads of discussion right now about good restaurants. Your friends might check out those we usually recommend then look at the on-line reviews and menus available on TripAdvisor to see what is offered, prices and other diners opinions.

4. Re: Solo Dinner/Happy hour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 05:18