We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Margarita in Charleston?

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlean, Virginia
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Margarita in Charleston?

Will be visiting in a few weeks, who serves the best Margarita in Charleston? Thanks!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,913 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Margarita in Charleston?

I love a good 'Rita but quit ordering them years ago here after too many that tasted like Koolaid or Jello and were neon green. Sorry.

Orlean, Virginia
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Margarita in Charleston?

I totally agree, I was in Charleston in the spring and the only decent one I had was at Mex 1 in West Ashley. I had one that was orange, one had mint in it, short of bringing my own mixer and asking for patron on the rocks was just looking for some local advice, lol

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,887 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Margarita in Charleston?

Charleston's bartenders pride themselves in creating signature drinks...plan on trying the "feature" where ever you choose to imbibe, for something new and different.

Consider the local Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka (many times mixed w/lemonade or something along that line) in your beverage quest. It's utilized in various cocktails all over the Historic District.

No, this doesn't answer your Margarita question, but does give you something to think about.

Edited: 16 October 2013, 13:16
Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Margarita in Charleston?

Taco Boy!

http://tacoboy.net/

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,624 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Margarita in Charleston?

If you tell the bartended what you want in your drink, he will mix it to order. Having spent long periods in Mexico, my husband is very particular about tequilas and margaritas. He's never had an issue with handing out his simple recipe preference for tequila, Cointreau, and fresh lime juice. Most of the discussions center only on exactly which tequila will be used!

6. Re: Best Margarita in Charleston?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 06:19