We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining

Elgin, Oklahoma...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dining

I have been looking over the restaurants and am a little concerned about dress code -- what is acceptable at High Cotton, Circa 1886, Charleston Grill, Slightly North of Broad?

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,598 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining

For men ~ khaki's and a shirt with a collar. Can wear a shirt and tie, but not really needed.

For women ~ slacks, skirt and nice shirt. Even nice jeans (no holes, ragged hems, etc) can be worn for both men and women as long as you have a nice shirt.

You will see some people that are more dressed up, as their preference or on their way to another event. At lunches you will see many people in suits and other business attire, on their lunch break.

Elgin, Oklahoma...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining

Thank you for the quick reply! Dark jeans and leather blazer with nice shirt for husband? He does not do khakis!

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,438 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining

Dark jeans and blazer are fine, leather might be a bit much around here, though.

Elgin, Oklahoma...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining

Thank you, again, for your help!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,598 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining

Leather is just fine! My husband has several leather/suede blazers that he loves wearing during cold weather. I almost put "khaki's or slacks", but so many men wear them. (my husband does not either)

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
995 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining

I feel that Circa 1886 and Charleston Grill are slightly more formal than the other two, but you would be fine with the recommendations already given. If you felt like dressing up a bit, do it!

Elgin, Oklahoma...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining

Thank you all! I am so excited! Can't wait!

8. Re: Dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2014, 05:18