We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy Day

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Rainy Day

Hi guys,

My husband and I are going to be in Charleston this weekend, and it looks like the weather forecast is calling for a 90% chance of rain on Sunday. Can you guys please give me some ideas of things to do while it's raining?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Kristy :)

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,438 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainy Day

Museums, galleries, Aquarium, Hunley...there's a start.

Edited: 26 December 2013, 14:31
Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainy Day

Okay thanks. I've been so busy at work that I haven't even had time to do much research on Charleston, and this is our first visit. I'll look into the museums and see what is within walking distance to the historical district. Thanks a bunch. :)

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,438 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainy Day

Charleston Museum for historical stuff and Gibbes Museum for art.

There are several historical houses in the Historic District, as well. Over the weekend, churches should be open (at least for a few hours), too.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainy Day

Thank you so much for the ideas. :)

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainy Day

Try the Charleston Visitors Center website for ideas. They've got most of the museums and attractions listed with links to their respective websites. Also a calendar of events.

http://www.charlestoncvb.com/visitors/tripplanner/what_to_see_do~3/

6. Re: Rainy Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 06:17