We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isle of Palms or Kiawah in March

Charleston, South...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Isle of Palms or Kiawah in March

My husband and I are planning a visit to Charleston during the third week of March. Most years, we rent a private ocean-front house on the far end of Folly by the now closed county park so that we are still walking distance to town but can still feel a bit more secluded. Because we don’t have a full week to spend at the beach this year, I had to go back to the drawing board and include condos/villas in the search. I found some options on Kiawah in Shipwatch Villas as well as on IOP in the Port O’Call or Sea Cabin properties. We’ve never stayed on either island. Based on our desire for a bit of seclusion, any thoughts given a visit in March? From what I’m reading, I’m thinking Kiawah is a better option but I don’t know if that’s the case in early spring. I like people but I really love the feeling of having my own little piece of paradise (which I know we won’t completely get in a condo type of environment). By the way, distance from Charleston is a non-factor as we’ll be spending the five days prior to hitting the beach in Charleston learning to sail during the day and will have the evenings free to enjoy the historic district. Thanks so much for sharing your perspective!

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,819 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isle of Palms or Kiawah in March

The third week in March should be very quiet on Kiawah. You will feel comfortably secluded in Shipwatch and on the 10-mile private beach. Rent a higher-floor, ocean-front condo in Shipwatch for magnificent views!

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,403 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Isle of Palms or Kiawah in March

You probably won't see all that many people, even in a condo on Kiawah at that time of year. Should meet your requirements very nicely.

Agree w/Villa, look for one of the upper floors at Shipwatch.

Try Windswept for something a little more centrally located on the island.

Edited: 02 January 2014, 21:51
Charleston, South...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Isle of Palms or Kiawah in March

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I think Kiawah will be perfect!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,509 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Isle of Palms or Kiawah in March

IOP will be pretty quiet at that time as well. Wild Dunes is a gated resort of one end of the island, lots of condos there.

www.wilddunes.com

5. Re: Isle of Palms or Kiawah in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 05:17