We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Creekside LandsInn Motel. Anyone know it?

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calverton, New York
Level Contributor
331 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Creekside LandsInn Motel. Anyone know it?

This looks to be a nice little very basic hotel. Is it ok? I read a lot of reviews. Is it a good spot for touring the Historic District and also Plantations and the Islands?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
988 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Creekside LandsInn Motel. Anyone know it?

I've driven past, but don't have any knowledge about what it's like. From the street it seems like what you said, and yes it's convenient to most of the plantations and James, and John's Islands, and Folly Beach. About a 15 or 20 minute drive into the Historic District on the peninsula.

Edited: 11 February 2014, 01:37
Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Creekside LandsInn Motel. Anyone know it?

I think a lot of out of town contractors stay there, usually seems to be a few trucks in the parking lot.

It's over 30 years old, that's all I know. It looks fine from the outside.

I wouldn't call it convenient, on a busy highway, fast food is what's closest, you have to travel up one of the highways I dislike the most in the area to get into Charleston.

There are several other places that are closer to town on Savannah Hwy (and newer)...Comfort Suites, Town & Country, Best Western Sweetgrass and then the hotels at Ripley Marina.

Make note, it is one of those old-fashioned places where you park in front and enter each room from the outside.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Creekside LandsInn Motel. Anyone know it?

I can't speak for the property, haven't stayed there. It's about 20 years old (not 30) and I agree that the clientele is mostly out-of-town contractors - which is to say, it's a legitimate operation, not an hourly-rate motel. But it's not a good location. This is not a convenient place for visiting Charleston or environs. Savannah Hiway/US 17 is a brutal commute into the city. Bees Ferry/Hiway 61 from Hiway 17 to the plantations is also a crowded commuter artery.

Calverton, New York
Level Contributor
331 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Creekside LandsInn Motel. Anyone know it?

Ok all. Thank you so much. Will look for something else. Really what I'd like is to stay closer to the historic district anyway, and will look into the other properties. Thanks again Trip Advisor buddies!

5. Re: Creekside LandsInn Motel. Anyone know it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 06:18