We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meeting St. Restaurant

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Meeting St. Restaurant

We ate at a nice, busy restaurant on Meeting St. several blocks south of the Visitor Center, and on the same side of the street. As I remember, it was two floors, and the day we ate there it was quite busy. Is it still around, and does anyone know the name of it?

Thanks

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,900 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meeting St. Restaurant

There are a number of restaurants in that area. What type of food did you eat and how long ago was it?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meeting St. Restaurant

Maybe Hyam's Seafood or Sticky Fingers Barbecue.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,900 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meeting St. Restaurant

Both of which are mediocre places, there are much better ones around.

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meeting St. Restaurant

Being 82 years young, I mostly remember food, not necessarily places. I do remember it wasn't on a street corner, it had two floors, with the stairs up close to the front of the building. I think there were a couple of rooms downstairs. American food, definitely not a seafood place, nor was it a BBQ restaurant. Sorry, but it has been several years, and as I said, I can remember good food, but not where I ate it. See what you all can look forward to?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meeting St. Restaurant

I just can't think of any other two-story restaurants on the west side of Meeting Street. Marianne's was French, and it's been gone for at least 25 years.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,900 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meeting St. Restaurant

Hall's Chop House has stairs near the front ~ but not on Meeting Street and probably not more than 5-6 yrs old. Maybe it could have been 82 Queen?? also not on Meeting, but just around the corner, off of Meeting.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meeting St. Restaurant

Aaron's Deli is part of Hymans Seafood, very American food. Used to have great deli sandwiches, but times have changed.

Never went there for seafood, always deli...haven't been in years.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
145 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meeting St. Restaurant

Sandiaman - I am 43 and I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday! Ha-ha-ha. I hope you find the restaurant you are looking for. If not, you have a ton of great choices in Charleston.

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meeting St. Restaurant

Thanks to all. We are planning on visiting in October (I know, not the best time of year), and we will try some of the recommendations in the forum. Looking forward to spending some time in your beautiful city.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,900 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meeting St. Restaurant

October is actually a great time! The weather is usually wonderful then ~ not so hot, but very pleasant. The flowers are not blooming then, but it is still a nice time.