We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May for 2 1/2 days

California
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
May for 2 1/2 days

I am planning to visit in late May over the Memorial day weekend. Would this be good as far as weather. Or is it best to visit over the Labor day weekend (lst week of September) for 2 1/2 days. May would be better for me unless September will be much better and for site seeing

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May for 2 1/2 days

I'd say May. Plenty warm enough to go to the beach, but not nearly as hot as early September. Book lodgings now! Holiday weekends are very busy.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
995 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: May for 2 1/2 days

May weather is better. September is very humid.

California
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May for 2 1/2 days

Thinking about using my points to stay at the Radisson hotel Charleston airport and taking the bus downtown. Do you think this is a good idea? Lodging is expensive in the downtown area. I get in late at night. Will have the full Sunday and Monday to explore plus till 3 P.M on Tuesday.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
995 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: May for 2 1/2 days

It sounds like a decent plan to me, but the DEs here on this site will probably tell you to stay in the Historic District for the real experience and that the buses are unreliable. I have never used the bus service, so I can't say, but I know it's not a big deal to stay 8 or 10 miles out of town for the cheaper rates and then spend your time in the HD. I used to do it all the time before I bought I house here, but I always had a car too.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,917 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: May for 2 1/2 days

Read the reviews carefully before you decide, the hotel is very old. There are just about as many "horrible" reviews as there are decent ones. There is a bus stop near the hotel. According to the website there are 49 stops between there and the Visitors Center downtown. Taking approx 50 to 60 minutes to travel (or more if there are traffic issues). I am not sure how late in the evening the return route runs. When I attempted to get more info on their website, it crashed my computer.

I think there are better options that are closer, while still not in the historic district. If staying in the historic district you have the option of simply walking everywhere and not having to rely on transportation. Even staying out of the HD, but much closer (downtown {not the same as historic district}, Mt. Pleasant or Charleston ~ non historic district) are options that would allow you to reach the HD much more easily.

6. Re: May for 2 1/2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 06:16