We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some recs and advice

Houston, Texas...
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Need some recs and advice

My wife and I are headed to Charleston on May 14th for 3 nights. We are looking for a hotel in the historic area that we can walk to all the restaurants and bars. My wife would like a hotel that has nice bathrooms (separate tub and shower) and is generally updated. We both like live music bars that play kind of sing along type songs (not clubs). We really liked the Red Lion in Vail if anyone has been. We will need some breakfast recommendations also. Finally, we would like to drive over to the beach one day and ride bikes, walk the beach, play around in the water. Which beach should we go to? Should we think about spending 1 night at a hotel on the beach, or is driving over enough for the day? Thanks!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,128 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some recs and advice

Try the Restoration on King, French Quarter Inn, King Charles Inn, Zero George Street and Zero Water Street. You are looking rather late, so probably will not get any deals on rates, altho, since it is mid-week, that will help. When looking for hotels, you want "historic district" NOT "downtown". They are not the same, downtown is not walkable to much of anything.

I would just drive over to the beach for a day or an afternoon, the hotels in the historic district will be much nicer than those at the beach.

If you have not already done so..... please look to the right of this page for Top Questions About Charleston. This will give you lots of info on what is available to see and do, sample itineraries and a section called Which beach is best that you may find helpful.

2. Re: Need some recs and advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 05:15