We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking tour: Ed Grimball no date, Photo Walk sold out

1000 oaks, ca
Level Contributor
10 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Walking tour: Ed Grimball no date, Photo Walk sold out

I need a good walking tour for April 28, or April 29. Can anyone recommend someone great? I've read the "list" in top questions, but would like personal recommendations. Thanks so much. Linda

Oyster Point Historic Walking Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Lowcountry Legends
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,865 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking tour: Ed Grimball no date, Photo Walk sold out

Charleston Tea Party (Laura Wichmann Hipp), Anne's History (Anne Middleton Herron), and Charleston 101 (Mary Coy). Like Ed Grimball, these three are independent owner-operators and Charleston natives. You'll get wonderful insights and no cornball humor.

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
Coastal South Carolina, SC
1000 oaks, ca
Level Contributor
10 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking tour: Ed Grimball no date, Photo Walk sold out

Thank you so much, I will contact them at once!

1000 oaks, ca
Level Contributor
10 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking tour: Ed Grimball no date, Photo Walk sold out

I just booked with Anne, thank you so much. I'll do a TA report when I return. Do you have ANY tips on parking in downtown? We have never been, and hear it's tough at best! Does the visitors center have parking? Thank you again!

Edited: 22 April 2014, 18:54
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,447 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking tour: Ed Grimball no date, Photo Walk sold out

There are a number of parking garages around, just park in one of them. No problem. Now, finding street parking near where you want to be.... that can be difficult. :-)

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,865 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking tour: Ed Grimball no date, Photo Walk sold out

You'll want to park near where your tour starts. Ask the guide for a suggestion.

There is parking at the Visitors Center, a small surface lot that gets expensive if you stay more than an hour, and a highrise garage right across Anne Street.

1000 oaks, ca
Level Contributor
10 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking tour: Ed Grimball no date, Photo Walk sold out

Thank you again, Mike! The tour starts at the Custom's House, I'll just try and google garages in the near vicinity.

1000 oaks, ca
Level Contributor
10 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking tour: Ed Grimball no date, Photo Walk sold out

Hi Mike, I just wanted to let you know that I did get into the Charleston Tea Party tour with Laura. What a wonderful hostess she is. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is really interested in Charleston's history and who has an interest in seeing inside of homes and gardens that you otherwise wouldn't. Thank you again for all your help!

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,865 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking tour: Ed Grimball no date, Photo Walk sold out

Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for posting back.

9. Re: Walking tour: Ed Grimball no date, Photo Walk sold out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 05:15