We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife with a nine-year old?

Bloomington, Indiana
Level Contributor
116 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife with a nine-year old?

My wife and I are responsible parents, but we do like to have a drink or beer or two in the evenings and enjoy some live music (if there is some). What is the general acceptance of bringing a nine-year old into some of the nicer cocktail type places, and are there any reasonably family-friendly live music places in the HC?

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife with a nine-year old?

We've taken our daughter to Charleston Grill (at Charleston Place Hotel) several times from about age 6. They have live jazz (not too loud). We've sat in the dining room and the bar. No problem at all, as the bar and restaurant are in one large space, separated more by columns and seating arrangements... not walls. We've actually had a light dinner at one of the bar tables. She had the octopus salad that time and loved it. Can't go wrong here. Great service, and they'll treat your child with respect. I can't stand places that take one look at a family with a young child and decide to get an attitude. None of that at Charleston Grill. They've always treated our daughter like an adult... actually, more like a queen! Cypress has always given our daughter exceptional service, too, but they don't have live music.

Mentioned in this post
Charleston Grill
Charleston Grill
1,657 Reviews
Charleston, SC
Charleston
Charleston
Coastal South Carolina, SC
2. Re: Nightlife with a nine-year old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 07:16