We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charleston hotels, to do, etc!

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
8 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Charleston hotels, to do, etc!

I'm looking for cheap hotel ideas for a short weekend trip staying a Friday-Monday with my boyfriend. I'd like something $120 or less a night, since I want a decent place to stay, but don't want to spend our trip money mostly on the hotel. We will have our car, driving from KY, so close to downtown is nice, but it doesn't have to be too close. Planning to come end of June 2014.

Any ideas on activities, especially outdoor hiking, fishing etc., would be appreciated also. I've been to Charleston twice long ago and loved it, but he's never been and I'd like to show him what I love about it! Also, any info in general is helpful too.

Thanks!

Edited: 12 May 2014, 20:25
Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,240 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charleston hotels, to do, etc!

Look in West Ashley, Mt. Pleasant and if those are too pricey, try the Convention Center/Tanger Outlet area.

All will definitely be a drive into the city and parking for the day.

No hiking, as such, no hills or anything challenging here, it's the Lowcountry, it's all flat. You'll find plenty of walking in the Historic District. Take a carriage ride.

Hopefully JTMay will answer your fishing question, but he may need more info about what you want to do and how much you want to spend.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charleston hotels, to do, etc!

Try airb&b for Charleston. I found 10 listings for <$100/nite. A couple of them are on the peninsula, some fairly close by.

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charleston hotels, to do, etc!

No hills, but plenty of great nature hikes. Here's a map that shows trails throughout the lowcountry. You can narrow by county. sctrails.net/Trails/…LOWCOUNTRY.html

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
8 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charleston hotels, to do, etc!

Thanks everyone thus far!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,175 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charleston hotels, to do, etc!

If you have not already done so.... please look to the right side of this page for Top Questions About Charleston. This will give you info on what is available to see and do in the area. Once you have some ideas on what might interest you, we can help plan and possibly suggest additional ideas.

6. Re: Charleston hotels, to do, etc!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 05:17